Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Three Bean & Corn-Pepper Salad
A quick & easy bean salad with minimal prep and no cooking time.
- Coarsely chop red onion and mince garlic cloves.
- Open all cans and drain liquid. Rinse and drain beans and place with corn in large container that has a sealable lid. Stir to mix.
- Add onion, garlic and balsamic vinegar and stir. Put lid on container and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, have the following available for guests to individualize their portion to taste: olive oil, salt or lite salt, black pepper, garlic powder or garlic salt, red pepper flakes or Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy, hot sauce.
176 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I was out of beans & corn so i broke into my secret stash. I used three kinds of beans; licorice, popcorn, & bubblegum. & the tricolored corn added great white, orange, & yellow hues. I was a little tentative of mixing sugar products with the other ingrediants but the sweet savory contrast is delicious. I have this atleast twice a week with my substitiuons. but, for some unexplicable reason i have gone from 135 to 178. confused but satisfied!:D
26 Jul 11 by member: dragomilan
Great quick recipe.
I figured based on the calories of the ingredients a serving size is approximately a 1/2 cup.
30 May 12 by member: Billxp
I liked this. I actually put it over Spring Greens with Zesty Cilantro dressing..... yummy.
13 May 13 by member: Kylicorr
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet