fatsecret members overall average rating
Egg and Bacon Breakfast Burritos
Bacon and scrambled eggs rolled up in tortillas, baked and topped with sour cream and avocado. A nice change from a bowl of oatmeal.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, add egg substitute, bacon, oregano, salt, pepper and salsa; stir well.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared skillet; increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set but still slightly glossy, remove from heat.
- Spoon half of egg mixture into center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla to conceal filling, making sure to fold in ends. Place burritos, seam-side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until burritos are very hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 slice avocado.
- Note: for a breakfast on the go, fill a toasted whole-wheat pita half with the scrambled egg mixture, sour cream and avocado.
202 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Sounds great! To make it low carb, there are a other alternatives for the tortilla like La Tortilla's Low Carb High Fiber Tortilla.
23 Apr 12 by member: CJT1217
Can't be Primal with the tortillas. Are there any grain, rice and bean free tortillas?
09 Jul 12 by member: rudawg7890
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet