|Start Weight:||(03 Oct 11) 204.0 lb|
|Current Weight:||(03 Nov 14) 210.0 lb|
|Goal Weight:||175.0 lb|
following: The Primal Blueprint
performance: gaining 0.7 lb a week
Age: 33 Height: 5'11''
Start weight: 225 on 15 August 2011 (previous high of 240)
What did I do to lose the poundage? I ditched the carbs (refined sugar, bread, pasta, junk food; highly processed foods) and high sodium foods, ate food that grows on the earth, and got out there and sweated. That's it in it's most basic form. I ate real and natural food and got out there and moved my body.
Caloric Intake: I don't count calories. If I eat reasonably healthy and natural foods, the rest will fall into place.
Diet: 200g protein / <150g carbs / healthy fats / Low sodium
1. Hydrate! 2-3 litres a day.
2. Rest! Especially if you work out!
3. Read your labels and keep it simple. I avoid anything with waaay too many ingredients. More natural the ingredients, THE BETTER.
4. Arm yourself with knowledge on how the body's metabolism works. Know what it uses and prefers for fuel and what it does with the excess.
5. Utilize your diet calendar and watch for trends. If you eat a certain way and don't see changes on the scale, then switch your carb, protein, and fat intake around and again watch for trends. See what yields the results you want.
6. Watch your carb/sugar intake. For me, when I have a high protein and low carb day (30g), I wake up leaner. Give it a try.
7. Boost your metabolism by spreading out meals to every 3-4 hours
8. Resistance train to build lean muscle. A mix of low and high intensity cardio will serve you well.
|FatSecret member since: 08 Sep 11
CJT1217's Weight History
CJT1217's Latest Member Challenges
Other Related Links
The Primal Blueprint
Lack of exercise, working strange hours, lack of sleep, and eating "gas station food" has not helped my physique. With a cruise one month away and a tight ...
on diet The Primal Blueprint gaining 0.7 lb a week
Just wanted to drop a line to say thank you to all my buddies on here for discussing knowledge and tips on better and healthier living. A lot of you have ...
Ideal Protein Diet
The Ideal Protein Diet was developed by a doctor named Tran Tien Chanh. This group is for those following the IP plan.
CJT1217's Recent Activity
CJT1217's Own Activity
Other Member Diet Recent Activity