|Start Weight:||(03 Oct 11) 204.0 lb|
|Current Weight:||(22 May 13) 179.0 lb|
|Goal Weight:||170.0 lb|
following: The Primal Blueprint
performance: losing 4.7 lb a week
Age: 33 Height: 5'11''
Start weight: 225 on 15 August 2011
What did I do to lose the poundage? I ditched the carbs (refined sugar, bread, pasta, junk food; highly processed foods) and high sodium foods, ate food that grows on the earth, and got out there and sweated. That's it in it's most basic form. Eat right and move your body.
Caloric Intake: I don't count calories. If I eat reasonably healthy and natural foods, the rest will fall into place.
Diet: 200g protein / <60g carbs (100g MAX) / healthy fats / Low sodium
1. Hydrate! 2-3 litres a day.
2. Rest! Especially if you work out!
3. Read your labels and keep it simple. I avoid anything with waaay too many ingredients. More natural ingredients, THE BETTER.
4. Arm yourself with knowledge on how the body's metabolism works. Know what it uses and prefers for fuel and what it does with the excess.
5. Utilize your diet calendar and watch for trends. If you eat a certain way and don't see changes on the scale, then switch your carb, protein, and fat intake around and again watch for trends. See what yields the results you want.
6. Watch your carb/sugar intake. For me, when I have a high protein and low carb day (30g), I wake up leaner. Give it a try.
7. Boost your metabolism by spreading out meals to every 3-4 hours
8. Resistance train to build lean muscle. A mix of low and high intensity cardio will serve you well.