fatsecret members overall average rating
A vegetarian diet-friendly pizza.
- Make up the dough mix according to pack directions and roll out to a 30cm (12") round and place on a greased baking sheet. Alternatively, just buy a ready-made pizza base.
- Brush the base with 1 teaspoon oil and spoon the passata over the surface. Scatter with garlic, oregano, rocket and cheese. Mix the mayonnaise with the pesto and place spoonfuls over the filling.
- Cover loosely with a oiled polythene bag and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bag and drizzle with remaining oil. Bake in preheated oven 200 °C, (425 °F), for 15-20 minutes and serve with mixed salad.
- Note: for the meat eaters, it's great with 2 oz prosciutto ham to add to the topping.
29 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Yummy, yummy - one of my favourite recipes! I actually use a smaller, 9" ready-made pizza base and multiply all the incredients by 3/4 to give three servings rather than four. Then I give my hubby two servings and me one - everyone is happy!
21 Feb 08 by member: Lucybell33
I haven't made this yet but I had to look up what rocket and passata were. In case anyone else is wondering, rocket is also known as arugula and passata is somewhere between tomato sauce and tomato paste. The recipe sounds yummy.
29 May 08 by member: evelyn64
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet