fatsecret members overall average rating
Turkey and White Bean Chili
A tasty chili that can be made many different ways.
- Heat oil in a large skillet saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add turkey (or chicken), chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring often, until turkey is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, chicken bouillon and water; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- If desire top with a tablespoon or 2 of shredded low fat cheese, slide scallions or chopped cilantro. You can also use chipotle chili instead of the chili powder for a smokey taste.
- Note: based on recipe from the South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook.
14 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet