|Start Weight:||(05 Jul 10) 234.0 lb|
|Current Weight:||(16 Jun 16) 158.6 lb|
|Goal Weight:||142.0 lb|
following: The GI diet
performance: losing 0.3 lb a week
Chapter 3 of my FS bio -- It's a new year, and 2016 is the year I make goal, for sure! I joined FS in July 2010, and I was successfully following the low-glycemic diet, lost 50 pounds and felt and looked great. I was trying for another 50 pounds. And then the bottom dropped out of my life -- my Mom's ovarian cancer came back with a vengeance, and from June 2011 to June 2012, I took care of her, and then spent most of the next year settling her estate and emptying and selling her house. There were days when it got to be 5:00 and all I'd eaten was a couple of donuts. Then I'd eat dinner out and stuff myself with all the wrong food because I was famished and depressed. The result was to be expected: I gained back a lot of the weight I'd lost.
So I started over again in summer 2014, and now my weight is 10 pounds below where I was when I fell off the wagon.
Updated goals for 2016 -- I've done pretty well so far, with these goals, but I'm making a change:
- Lose .5 to .75 pound each and every week (.75 to 1.00 was too ambitious)
- Participate regularly in agility lessons, ice skating lessons, or other regularly scheduled exercise each and every week (with a break for illness, I've been faithful to this goal)
- Walk or use exercycle 15-20 minutes daily (meeting this one daily)
- Reach my goal weight by September 1, 2016 (I don't think I'll make it -- now I'm thinking 149 by September 15; 140 by February 13; 134, the 100-pound mark by September 2017)
- Hold at goal until February 13, 2016
- In honor of 65 birthday, get new driver's license with new photo of new me
(still plan on this one)