Breads & Baked Products
fatsecret members overall average rating
With none of the sugary additives found in purchased tortillas, these are great for people sensitive to sugar like on South Beach.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add olive oil and water, mix until a smooth dough ball forms.
- Divide into 12 equal portions. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface until as thin as possible.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with olive or canola oil cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Place tortillas one at a time in the hot skillet. Cook just until brown spots start to form on the one side, then flip over and cook the other side. If bubbles begin to form, use a fork to puncture them.
- Serve immediately hot, or cool completely and store in an air tight container for up to a week, preferably in the refrigerator.
134 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mayo Clinic Plan