fatsecret members overall average rating
Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups
These egg "muffins" make a hearty breakfast that can be eaten on the run.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Coat a 6-cup non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, pepper, and onion for 5 minutes or until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and mushrooms.
- Evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set.
- Note: make these ahead of time and warm them in the microwave for a fast and slimming breakfast treat.
1130 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins