fatsecret members overall average rating
Comfort food never tasted this good and without the extra calories.
- Boil macaroni is salty hot water.
- In separate pan, melt the butter (not too hot), stir in flour and milk until reasonably thickened.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese into the sauce until melted.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and mix. Place all ingredients in baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over.
- Cook in oven at 350° F (175° C) for a little under 30 minutes.
- Note: you can add paprika to help in the browning process but not too much to impact taste.
288 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
yummmmy love a good Mac & Cheese
22 May 10 by member: changeup
Not good for Healthy for life (Low GI). As said before, if the noodles were changed to whole wheat and cheese to low fat then it
maybe good for phase 2.
13 Aug 10 by member: mmiddlemist80
Butter is forbidden on low GI, and flour and noodles are both high-GI. So if you have to have this, then only the smallest size portion.
13 Jan 11 by member: oceanroses
No good for Atkins. Way too many Carbs sorry
10 Jun 12 by member: earacar
try this with miracle noodles instead of macaroni. order on line under miracle noodle. has no calories no carbs. sort of like the s##taki noodles.
20 Jan 16 by member: Sweet Georgia Peaches
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet