|Start Weight:||(08 Jan 15) 265.5 lb|
|Current Weight:||(03 Feb 15) 255.5 lb|
|Goal Weight:||175.0 lb|
following: Hoser's own diet
performance: losing 0.6 lb a week
I'm the crazy fuchsia-maned poker-playing photographer smartass geek chick your mother warned you about.
I really like Michael Pollan's philosophies on eating-- "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants", and, "Don't eat it if your great-great-grandmother wouldn't recognize it as food." The food of my midwestern ancestors does not include many of the ethnic cuisines that I enjoy, so I've decided that for these purposes I have a great-grammas Chen and Nguyen and Tanaka and Singh and Santos and Romano and...
The rules of my diet are pretty straightforward:
1. Don't be stupid.
2. Eat real food, not food products. Food is fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs and dairy, grains.
3. Cook it yourself-- no prepared foods.
4. No artificial sweeteners, low-fat impersonations of foods, or other chemical concoctions.
5. Absolutely no high-fructose corn syrup.
6. Try to keep daily calories in a predefined range (currently 1200-1400).
7. Eat things you enjoy. Dieting is not suffering.
9/29/10: Hit 25% of goal.