|Start Weight:||(25 Feb 13) 265.0 lb|
|Current Weight:||(20 May 13) 256.3 lb|
|Goal Weight:||175.0 lb|
following: Hoser's own diet
performance: losing 0.9 lb a week
I'm the crazy fuchsia-maned poker-playing photographer smartass geek chick your mother warned you about.
I really like Michael Pollan's philosophies on eating-- "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants", and, "Don't eat it if your great-great-grandmother wouldn't recognize it as food." The food of my midwestern ancestors does not include many of the ethnic cuisines that I enjoy, so I've decided that for these purposes I have a great-grammas Chen and Nguyen and Tanaka and Singh and Santos and Romano and...
The rules of my diet are pretty straightforward:
1. Don't be stupid.
2. Eat real food, not food products. Food is fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs and dairy, grains.
3. Cook it yourself-- no prepared foods.
4. No artificial sweeteners, low-fat impersonations of foods, or other chemical concoctions.
5. Absolutely no high-fructose corn syrup.
6. Try to keep daily calories in a predefined range (currently 1200-1400).
7. Eat things you enjoy. Dieting is not suffering.
9/29/10: Hit 25% of goal.
|FatSecret member since: 06 Jul 10
Hoser's Weight History
Hoser's latest member challenges
Other Related Links
I should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm on hiatus right now and only maintaining rather than trying to lose weight. I have a chronic shoulder i ...
This is day three of two weeks without grains. I'm recording this merely so I can remember when I started. If it goes well, I may extend it to a month.
Droid Application Users
This group is focused on the members who are attempting to use technology (Droid phone) to better themselves.
Hoser's Recent Activity
Hoser's own activity
Other Member Diet Recent Activity