Breads & Baked Products
fatsecret members overall average rating
Low Carb Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Flakey cheddar cheese biscuits that are truly scrumptious.
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F (210° C).
- Cut cold butter into low carb baking mix (like Carbquick) with pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add shredded cheese, salt, garlic and onion powder. Blend well.
- Mix whipping cream and water to equal 1/2 cup liquid and add to dry mix. Stir until dough forms. Do not overwork.
- Drop dough onto greased cookie sheet (approximately 1.5 ounces raw dough).
- Bake in hot oven approximately 8 minutes until golden.
194 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I am not understanding how these are low carb according to the recipe just the "carb quick baking mix" contributes 576g of carbs which breaks down to 48 carbs a serving
18 May 11 by member: hlawton
In response to review by member "hlawton", 1/3 cup of the low carb mix (I use CarbQuik) has only 2g of net carbs.
31 Dec 11 by member: Stella1964
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins