fatsecret members overall average rating
A delicious no pasta manicotti.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Mix ricotta cheese with parmesan, egg, oregano, and about 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix well and spread out in an oiled 9" square baking dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until set and slightly browned on top. Remove and stir with a fork to break up ricotta mixture. Cover to keep warm and set aside. (Ricotta mixture can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated, covered well.)
- Turn up oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and thyme. Lay out on cookie sheets and roast for about 10 minutes or until tender and beginning to color. Remove and let cool enough to handle.
- Lay slices of eggplant down on clean work surface. Starting at widest end, place about 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons (depending on the width of your slices) of ricotta mixture near one end and roll up, ending with the seam-side down.
- Return eggplant rolls to baking dish and repeat until all slices are rolled. Top with shredded mozzarella, more fresh parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn oven up to broil and return manicotti to oven until the mozzarella has melted and begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce.
- Note: manicotti can be made, covered, and refrigerated several hours ahead. Finish with mozzarella just before serving.
79 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The South Beach Diet