fatsecret members overall average rating
Delicious faux French toast with no dairy or eggs but high in protein.
- Grind flax seeds with coffee grinder or use ground flax.
- Pour the ground flax in a bowl, begin adding milk and mix, keep adding milk as necessary to make a thick batter.
- Slowly stir and let thicken and as you add the milk. Take one slice of bread and dunk in the batter, just like regular French toast, being careful not to tear the bread.
- Spray a tiny amount of non-stick oil onto a pan and bake at approximately 375 °F (190 °C) watching that it doesn't burn.
- Flip it over to the other side when it starts hardening on the top, continue to back until both sides are nice and toasty.
- Serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup.
66 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
NO,WAY TOO MANY CARBS! SOUNDS GOOD THOUGH.
03 Sep 10 by member: ggmom
too much starch and too many calories for Jenny Craig...this calorie total is almost the total for 2 Jenny Craig meals..also the fat to carbohydrate ratio for Jenny Craig is usually 1:3 or more...
08 Jan 11 by member: Sophia M W
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet