fatsecret members overall average rating
A creamy shrimp and spring vegetable soup.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Cut off and discard upper stalks of fennel, reserving some feathery leaves for garnish. Remove wilted outer layer of stalks and cut off a thin slice from base. Finely chop fennel bulb.
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Scrape off scales. Cut asparagus into one inch long pieces.
- In a large saucepan combine chopped fennel, chicken broth, potato, leek, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add asparagus and sweet peppers. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine half-and-half and corn starch. Add to saucepan.
- Add shrimp. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque.
- Garnish individual servings with fennel leaves.
95 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dukan Diet