fatsecret members overall average rating
Baked Mediterranean Chicken
A yummy and easy way to make a typical baked chicken breast more exciting.
- Cut chicken breasts in half through the centre, and pound flat to make 6 cutlets.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, parmesan cheese and chopped roasted red pepper.
- Heat butter in a pan, and sauté spinach until wilted. Remove from pan and chop.
- Add to bowl and mix with a spoon. Season with salt, pepper, or other preferred herbs and spices.
- Spread a large spoonful of the mixture over each chicken cutlet.
- Roll the cutlets and place on a lightly greased pan or parchment paper, seam-side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° F (200° C) for 45-60 minutes (depending on your oven). Remove, let cool and enjoy!
- Note: would also be great topped with a little tzatziki or other dressing.
1070 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Very high in weight watcher points, very high in fat. I'm sure it's delicious, but I'd try adding some fiber somewhere, getting rid of the high fat butter (maybe use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray) and using fat free ingredients elsewhere. Sorry for my seemingly negative thoughts....I just follow my plan to the letter! I get a lot of recipes from skinnytaste.com...gourmet, quick and easy to follow, and all dieting info is right there for you.
26 Jul 12 by member: YoginiKaren
Tried this tonight, it was great! I seasoned with garlic and onion powder, and the we added a topping of banana peppers and portabella mushrooms. Very good!
04 Aug 13 by member: Jacaston0204
Even my hubby loved it! He hates spinach. My kids also liked it.
10 Feb 16 by member: marci4444
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet