Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Asparagus and Lentil Salad
This summer salad is so easy prepare and with eggs is just scrumptious.
- Simmer lentils for 20 minutes until tender; drain and set aside.
- Cut asparagus into pieces and cook in boiling water together with chickpeas for 2 minutes.
- Combine lentils, asparagus, chickpeas and arugula leaves.
- Add mustard and stir thru, season to taste.
- Poach eggs by bringing a large pan of shallow water to a gentle simmer. Add a splash of vinegar.
- Cook the eggs by gently cracking them into the water. Poach for about 3 minutes, until cooked with runny yolks, and remove with slotted spoon.
- Spoon a mound of lentil salad on to each serving plate and top with egg.
39 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
17 Oct 06 by member: Shai
This would be a perfect meal! It has something from all three categories (Proteins, Legumes, Vegetables).
23 Nov 07 by member: healsdata
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet