fatsecret members overall average rating
Good cold or hot and can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- In a saucepan cook the leek (only white and pale green parts) and the garlic in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until the leek is softened.
- Add the asparagus, the broth, and 1/2 cup water, and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the asparagus is very tender.
- Puree 2/3 of the mixture in a blender until it is very smooth, stir the puree into the mixture remaining in the pan, and whisk in salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the soup over moderately low heat, but do not let it boil.
- Note: also good to add 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt after pureeing.
75 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I had to use a little guesswork but this soup was quite tasty. I think next time I'll puree the entire batch.
22 Jul 10 by member: jet76
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins