Sauces and Condiments
fatsecret members overall average rating
This blender version of the classic sauce is quick, easy and delicious. Serve it with Eggs Benedict or steamed asparagus. Makes about a 1/2 cup.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat until gently bubbling.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks in a blender or food processor and blend for a few seconds.
- With the motor running, add the lemon juice, salt, cayenne and nutmeg (which is optional).
- Slowly add the melted butter in a thin stream and blend for 10 seconds, or until thickened and smooth.
72 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Good grief that's 18g of fat for 1 serving of this!
Very inappropriate for any wave of Sonoma really and a lot of diets here.
Probably most appropriate for Atkins I would think.
20 Sep 07 by member: divvy23
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Bill Phillip's Body For Life