fatsecret members overall average rating
Chicken and Asparagus with Cream Dijon Sauce
Cream sauce made with Dijon mustard and sour cream works fabulously with chicken breasts and asparagus.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer.
- Sauté the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the asparagus in a microwave safe bowl with a splash of water and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave the asparagus on high until it is just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the onions. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add wine to the pan, turn heat to medium and reduce the wine until it is almost completely evaporated.
- Add chicken broth and reduce it by half. Whisk in the mustard, sour cream, and tarragon and stir until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chicken and asparagus to the sauce to heat them for a minute or two.
- Transfer the chicken and asparagus to a platter. Sprinkle with a little tarragon if using fresh.
288 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
my apologies. I forgot the Chicken Broth in the ingredient list. 8oz chicken broth should be on the list. You might want to recheck the points of calories. Should not make a huge difference.
22 Jan 10 by member: countrymama
I like my sauce slightly sharp so added a squirt of lemon juice. Delicious!
28 Jun 10 by member: chrisa1uk
Made this about a week ago and it is FANTASTIC....making it again for dinner tonight. :) Thanks for submitting this recipe, it will be a regular dinner option for me. :)
27 Oct 10 by member: Angela H
Wife and I made this tonight, both of us loved it!
unfortunately I ate 3 portions, lol, well more exercise needed.
20 Mar 11 by member: daveand5
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dukan Diet