fatsecret members overall average rating
A delicious and filling soup.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 °F (160 °C) and then place three squash (buttercup, carnival and acorn) in oven to roast for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add onion and garlic after 45 minutes, to roast for remaining 45 minutes.
- Let squash, onion and garlic cool then peel and remove seeds and skin of squash, onion and garlic. Place in a saucepan (or blender) and puree.
- Add cinnamon, allspice, cumin, curry powder, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Mix bouillon cube with 1 cup of water and add to pureed mixture.
- Mix together and warm over low- medium heat stirring. Slowly add skim milk to desired consistency and continue warming.
- Just before serving, add chopped apple and place lid over soup for 5 minutes before serving.
34 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
My husband and I both liked it, my kids thought it was too spicy. I used a lot more garlic and maybe too much hot pepper sauce. I didn't have any skim milk so I had to use 2%
06 Dec 07 by member: NancyJohnson
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet