fatsecret members overall average rating
Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
A great fall roasted soup that can use a variety of different squash.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Pour oil on the roasting pan and coat the bottom.
- Prepare squash by cutting it in half and removing the seeds and string. Place squash cut side down on roasting pan and prick the skins of squash with knife all over.
- Cut onion in large chuncks and place on pan with squash. Cut the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle some of the oil on the garlic. Place garlic in pan too.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender. Remove and let stand til cool.
- Scrape squash and put it into a large stock pot. Put onions and squeeze the garlic into pot. Add chicken broth, lime juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg to pot. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture with hand mixer or blender. Reheat if needed.
- Serve with plain yogurt garnish, pumpkin seeds or extra nutmeg if desired.
41 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Well, I love all the ingredients, but didn't care for the final outcome. It reminded me of yellow split pea soup. If you love split pea soup, maybe this is a good alternative? My husband said it reminded him of heated squash babyfood. Perhaps I did something wrong? Sorry about the not so good review but I know I like to hear when other people here try the recipes. Thanks for the submitting though!
25 Nov 08 by member: ImLuuvd
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of LA Weight Loss