Breads & Baked Products
fatsecret members overall average rating
Lemon-Lime Meringue Sandwich Cookies
Lemon lime filling sandwiched between two meringue cookies. You will never miss the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together lemon pudding, condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups warm water and lime juice. Put in fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl add remaining warm water and powdered egg whites, break up lightly with a fork and let sit 2 minutes.
- Mix with beaters on medium speed until egg white powder is dissolved. Add vanilla extract and cream of tartar.
- At high speed add powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Use pastry bag or spoon meringue about 2-2 1/2" size cookies onto baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Sandwich 1 tablespoon of filling between 2 cookies.
- Note: can be made ahead of time by keeping filling and meringue cookies separate until ready to eat.
42 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet