fatsecret members overall average rating
Chickpeas in Tomato & Eggplant Sauce
A basic tomato based sauce with chick peas and eggplants. Great over brown rice.
- Boil soaked chick peas in slightly salted water. Drain and cool when done.
- Peel garlic. Chop onions. Dice tomatoes and eggplant.
- Heat one tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and cook till slightly brown. Add onions and cook till brown.
- Add tomatoes and sauté a while. Add eggplant and cook on medium heat. After two minutes cover the saucepan and cook for another 6 minutes. Open lid and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook till desired consistency of gravy.
- Add chickpeas and a little bit of water (about 6 tablespoons} Stir well and cook till water is dried up.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Note: you could use a dash of basil or any other herb you like.
51 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The South Beach Diet