cpmodem's Journal, 25 May 2013

Lost 4lbs this week. Watched total calories with particular attention to fat calories and eliminating extra fats beyond what is in my meals. 4-5 servings of low starch fruits and veggies per day. Proteins mostly salmon, chicken and turkey. Zero processed foods. Zero wheat and gluten. Limited whole grains. Zero potatoes or bread. Limited dairy. Zero trans fats, sugar, corn sweeteners. Limited soy. In fact 90% of my carbs are from low starch nutrient rich fruits and veggies. The other 10% was from steel cut oats and various nuts.

Avg 1010 cals/day. Avg carbs 39/day. Avg Proteins 70g/day. Even eliminating extra fats resulted in an avg balance of 58/27/15 (F/P/C. Ketostix shows moderate ketones. Average blood glucose readings from my Medtronic CGM was 85mg/dl with an SD of 18 over the same period of time. I'm now changing to Pre-maintenance and will revise my ideal weight after a few weeks to see how I feel. So far feel great with little or no cravings and plenty of energy. It was a problem this week to get more than 2 meals/day in because of ongoing battle getting my insulin pump adjusted to new settings. As I lose weight, my insulin needs go down. Sometimes in hard to understand ways. I should have that sorted out in a couple of weeks. Meantime:

Need to watch:
1. Make sure I get enough protein daily.
2. Drink more water
3. Start an exercise program (cardio and resistance)
4. Try to fit some legumes into the diet.
186.0 lb Lost so far: 68.0 lb.    Still to go: 2.0 lb.    Diet followed reasonably well.

Diet Calendar Entries for 25 May 2013:
1102 kcal Fat: 70.91g | Prot: 90.39g | Carb: 24.99g.   Breakfast: Egg, Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Ortega Diced Green Chiles, Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole. Dinner: Chicken, Yellow Sweet Peppers, Cooked Broccoli (Fat Not Added in Cooking), Red Sweet Pepper. more...
2055 kcal Activities & Exercise: Resting - 16 hours, Sleeping - 8 hours. more...
on diet Atkins   losing 4.7 lb a week

   Support   


     
 

Submit a Comment


You must  sign in to submit a comment
 

Other Related Links

Members

The Paleo Diet

Other Journals for Atkins



cpmodem's weight history


cpmodem's Recent Activity

cpmodem's Own Activity

cpmodem commented on Tulipgirl6's Journal Entry.
cpmodem supported Tulipgirl6's Journal Entry.
cpmodem updated their Food Diary.
cpmodem updated their Food Diary.

cpmodem's Buddies

jparlett and Gregbeinghealthy are now buddies.
Tulipgirl6 commented on Deb_N's Journal Entry.

The Paleo Diet Recent Activity

anarakh recorded a Weigh In at 208.6 lb.
newkim recorded a Weigh In at 248.9 lb.
mgthierry and Letoperdo are now buddies.
discofunk updated their Exercise Diary.
robg submitted a diet Tip.
mrflibbleisvryx recorded a Weigh In at 211.0 lb.
jwfair recorded a Weigh In at 192.0 lb.
Candace Staub recorded a Weigh In at 183.6 lb.