fatsecret members overall average rating
Zucchini with Mushroom Tomato Sauce
A very flavorful vegetable dish, that will certainly make you drool.
- Finely slice the zucchini. Chop the onion. Mince the garlic. Wash the mushrooms and dice if you like the texture or mince if you just want the flavor. Slice the basil leaves into thin strips like confetti.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic and mushrooms until slightly browned. Add the basil and stir in about 5 seconds before stirring in the tomato sauce.
- Add the sliced zucchini and water. Cover and cook until desired tenderness is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: you can add chicken pieces instead of zucchini for a great flavor.
114 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet