fatsecret members overall average rating
Green Beans with Garlic & Cherry Tomatoes
Delicious low fat side dish.
- Put the beans in a wide, deep skillet. Add enough water to cover about halfway; add the salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook the beans, uncovered, until the water has almost cooked away and the beans are crisp-tender; don't let the pan cook totally dry.
- Taste the beans midway; if they're getting tender quickly, pour off the remaining water; if they're still tough, add a little more water.
- Adjust the heat to medium-high. Make a little clearing in the beans, then add the oil and the garlic.
- Let the garlic sizzle a few seconds, then add the tomatoes and toss everything together (tongs make this easy).
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes collapse and their juices start to thicken and coat the beans.
- Fold in the lemon zest, season with pepper and taste for salt. Finish with the parsley and serve immediately.
- Note: based on recipe from The Oregonian.
66 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet