Oh its day 6!! I am using this and another blog to keep record of how I'm doing. The reason why i haven't recorded progress in the Zumba and p90x challenge is because i planned to start my workouts tomorrow the 12th of December. I will be doing a combo of those and other exercise 3 times a week and slowly increase to 7 by the end of this 12 weeks. |
i am still "wishing i could eat" if this doesn't stop by my 14 day mark i may stop. This "Juice fasting and detoxification" book states that if my body starts to tell me to eat, i am wondering what other people are eating, etc that I should listen and not force myself to continue. I am concerned about ending the fast at 12 weeks.... I'm suppose to go to New Orleans in March and I don't want to come off the fast right for 2 days and then go right into Creole food. Lord knows I love it out there! So let me figure this out real quick
Week1- Dec 12
Week2- Dec 19
Week3- Dec 26
Week4- Jan 2
Week5- Jan 9
Week6- Jan 16
Week7- Jan 23
Week8- Jan 30
Week9- Feb 6
Week10- Feb 13
Week 11- Feb 20
Week 12- Feb 27
UGH!! That only gives me the 28th and the 1st to really come off since I leave on the 2nd.... hmmmm...................................................................... sooooo it really took me like 10 minutes to sit here and figure something out after I wrote the weeks and that line before the dots lol and i still really dont know how to come off of a fast over 10 days. I didnt even realize i didnt know what to do LOL.... i thought I was going to be doing a 92 day fast. unfortunately since i restarted on Dec 6th my 92nd day would be March 6th :( I'm actually going to be on 84 days on Feb 27th... BOO! Ah well that would STILL be a MAJOR thing!
So i just went on www.juicefeasting.com and found the method of breaking the feast :) I do recommend this website..Although I just haven't been able to read through the entire thing... This is what was said, "The Feast-Breaking period for FEASTS OVER 12 DAYS takes up to 6 days and no more, following the above formula starting with #3. You will do 2 days of each phase of the Feast-Breaking process." I copied the entire 'How to break a fast' section and put it on here. This simply means I need to end my fast about a week before I get to the city. I think i can do that. LET ME BE CLEAR I dont plan on gorging on foods... but there are somethings I know I will eat like Gumbo and Boudin and I don't want to shock my system with anything solid when I get out there. With that said... where my last say would have been the 27th giving me the 28th-2nd to break the fast I will be ending on the 24th :) Sounds like a plan to me! HAPPY FEASTING YOU ALL!!
THE FEAST BREAKING PROTOCOL
To download today you will find my Feast-Breaking file, explaining the simple process back to live foods. If you have been Feasting longer than 24 days, take up to 6 days to break your Feast based on the protocol below, and MAKE SURE to take 1/3rd of the days for the prunes and then 1/3 of the days for low glycemic juicy fruits. Stick to the formula in the Feast-Breaking file to go easy on your body.
For many years it was thought that the longer you cleansed, the longer - by far - that you had to take to reintroduce foods back into your system. It was also the conventional wisdom that you needed to begin eating small amounts of food slowly. Both of these ideas about breaking a cleanse have been modified. When I learned about breaking the Juice Feast from John Rose, John's original formula was to take the total number of days that you cleansed, and divide by four. This number would be how many days you took to break the Feast. For a three month cleanse this would be over 20 days of breaking out, which is a long time. John and I discussed the possibility of doing in a shorter period of time, and I contacted Gabriel Cousens, M.D., my professor in the Masters Program in Vegan and Live Food Nutrition at the Tree of Life. Dr. Cousens said that we could modify the breaking period significantly to less than a week even if people had juiced for three months.
So, the Feast Breaking Protocol as you see it now is based on John Rose's original formula, Gabriel Cousens' helpful amendment to the length of breaking, and the white oak bark and ginger root practice of Dr. Richard Anderson. With that said, here is how to do it!
The Feast-breaking period for Juice Feasts under 12 days follows a simple formula:
1. Take the total number of days fasting and divide by four. Write the number down. This is the total number of days you can use to break out of the fast.
2. Divide by 3 the total number of days you will break out of the fast, giving you three distinct phases of fast-breaking.
3. The first third: Break the fast with 8 oz of organic prunes that have been soaked overnight. Do not throw the prune soak water out—drink it a few minutes before breaking your fast with the prunes. At this first “meal” eat as many prunes as you like, optimally eating all 8 oz that you soaked. This is the only solid meal you will eat on the first day. A bowel movement should come within 3-6 hours. If a movement does not come, employ the use of the herb Cascara Sagrada to prompt the peristaltic wave to induce a bowel movement. For each additional day of your first third of days of fast-breaking, eat 1-2 meals of prunes, preferably at breakfast and lunch, while maintaining the amount of fresh juices consumed during the fast.
4. The second third: During this phase and beyond, you may continue to consume soaked prunes. You will now add in juicy fruits. By juicy fruits we mean watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, mangos, pineapple, cherries, tomatoes, cucumbers with the seeds removed, and so on. For your digestive health, avoid fruits that are not water-rich such as avocados, bananas, and the like. You may eat juicy fruits as regular meals during the day, while cutting back to ½ the appropriate fresh juice amount you were consuming during the fast. As greens are vitally important to our overall health, it is wise to consider making green vegetable juices your primary juice of choice at this point in the fast-breaking process and in your life as a consumer of a nutrient-dense plant-based diet.
5. The third third: You will now add salads into your diet, consisting of tender greens: spinach, arugula, sprouts, and microgreens. An appropriate salad dressing at this stage can be made from flax oil and lemon—please refrain from using creamy dressings of any kind until you are finished with this final phase of fast-breaking. Excellent fatty foods to add in at this time are avocados and kalamata olives. You may continue to eat prunes and juicy fruits!
6. Finally, you may want to employ the use of White Oak Bark and Ginger to help shrink your colon and repair any prolapsus that may have resulted from years of weighty impacted fecal matter pulling the colon down and out of position. This is more important for Feasts longer than 12 Days. See the directions below, and use the White Oak and Ginger for the duration of your fast-breaking period:
How to Shrink the Abdomen, Repair Prolapsus (Cleanse and Purify Thyself, 135)
A thick and dangerous mucoid buildup in the intestinal tract, as seen in the famous "beer belly," causes damage to surrounding tissues. Once the mucoid layers are removed, the seriously stretched intestines are still soft and flabby. But there is hope for a normal and healthy look blessed are herbs!
After cleansing, white oak bark and ginger root, when used together, can help to draw the flesh back to its original position. Take three (3) capsules of white oak bark with three (3) capsules of ginger root three (3) times daily on an empty stomach. Those with a prolapsus should use a slant board along with these herbs after completing the Cleanse. While on the slant board, gently massage the intestines upwards. Do this two or three times daily or as needed. Follow your intuition.
The same herbs are also suggested for those with prolapsus of the transverse colon along with the use of a slant board. Lie on the slant board with the head down, and gently stroke the abdomen, especially the transverse colon, towards the head. Reach as deep as you can and draw your intestinal tubes upwards. Visualize them staying in place. Remember, your mind is the controlling factor in your life. Once your subconscious mind accepts your suggestion as true, it will become a reality.
The Feast-Breaking period for FEASTS OVER 12 DAYS takes up to 6 days and no more, following the above formula starting with #3. You will do 2 days of each phase of the Feast-Breaking process.
Once you have completed a disciplined and successful Feast-Breaking, you may enjoy eating the wide array of nutrient dense raw and living foods available to you. Your “clock” has been reset—even at the cellular level. You have achieved a health reality that is most aptly maintained through the use of raw foods—these are the foods that your body now recognizes—that you now recognize—as real food. Please mindfully consider the efforts that you have made, and what good health means to yourself and to those you love. At this time it is as if you were given a new automobile, and you don’t want to do anything to it—such as allowing messy kids—into your new car. Your body is your new car—and it can get better with age. Who gets to ride in it? You know the best fuel for its optimum performance now and far into the future.
At this time of transition to an appropriate diet of raw and living foods, it is important to provide yourself the support you need to maintain what you have achieved and improve upon it. Many of the files you have downloaded have been important in planting seeds of knowledge in your mind. It has been more than you can consciously remember, but as you read and experience more, the seeds of raw/live food knowledge in you will grow stronger, enabling you to enhance the life experience not only of yourself, but of the many people you meet. You have within your hands a powerful and transformative vehicle for good, out of which will bloom gratitude and deep happiness. It has been an honor to have the opportunity to help introduce you to raw food nutrition—the benefits of which you give as a gift to yourself and those you love through your greater well-being.
Lost so far: 0 lb.
Still to go: 68.8 lb.
Diet followed reasonably well.
on diet harajukudiva007's own diet
losing 5.3 lb a week
Submit a Comment
You must sign in to submit a comment
Other Related Links
Other Journals for harajukudiva007's own diet
harajukudiva007's weight history
harajukudiva007's Recent Activity
harajukudiva007's Own Activity
No recent activity.
No recent activity.
Other Member Diet Recent Activity