kingkeld's Journal, 02 July 2012

Good morning!

First of all, thanks to Earthlady and Eringriffin, who sent me a message, checking up on me. No journal for two days is not what you'd usually see from me. I'm sorry about that.

The reason is so simple, but it was frustrating. Our internet got cut off, as I have a new VISA card, and I forgot to change my details. At the end of the month they charge, it failed because the old card is no longer valid, and since I go with a cheap supplier, we had to wait until early Monday to get up and running again.

These guys supply both home internet and mobile, so we were without communication all weekend. We actually had to TALK with each other (GASP!)! LOL.

So, let me star with Friday.

Friday went great.

I went to the hospital to get stitches taken out, and I learned that MOST of them will dissolve on their own. There were a few "key-point" stitches to hold things together, and these have been removed.

The doctor says it all looks nice and healthy, but that I still am retaining a LOT of fluid. It's easy to see still that this is the case. I am super bloated around the cut, and the doctor tried to see if they could drain it. Sadly, they weren't able to. The fluid that sits there is oftentimes very thick, she told me, and this is the case here. This means that it basically just has to dissappear on it's own.

But all in all, she was very happy with my progress, and commended me on taking it slow.

I am due to go back in two weeks for another checkup, to see if the fluids have disappeared somewhat, or if we can drain it again.

After the doctor's visit, we went out on the town a little. We were gonna do some shopping, but we wanted to take it slow, so we went to a café for some coffee. We had to kill something like 7 hours until dinner time (doctor only took 20 minutes, we had expected MUCH longer), so we were in no rush. However, when it was time to go to our pre-established lunch place, half way there it started pouring down HARD. We got so wet, and had to rush to find shelter. This meant that I had to run, and it hurt. No real damage, but the swelling came back hard, and I could tell. We finally managed to reach the lunch restaurant, and they were closed. We found shelter, waited, waited, waited, but they never opened. We were SO ticked off. We ended up going back to the cafe we came from - we could have just stayed!! - and had some nachos. Not a wise choice, but one of the few choices available. We were both very hungry, so we needed something. Still, we shared one serving, and it was enough. I'm glad we didn't go for two.

After a couple of hours things dried up a bit, and we were able to go outside again. We did our shopping - Wife found a few tidbits, and I bought a few old movies (The Mist by Stephen King and Charlie Chaplin's The Dictator!), along with a comfortable sweat suit that I can wear these days, since I literally can not fit ANY of my clothes. The swelling makes me too big for all my pants, and I have discarded of all my larger clothes as it got too big. Oh, well.

I love the new outfit, but there is one major issue. No pockets! I'm gonna have to ask wife if she can sew at least an inner pocket for my phone and wallet into them. Not having pockets is simply no option - I'll just end up never wearing the clothes. I am very particular on this point. :(

We managed to spend the time in Roskilde, and it was time for dinner. We went to Bones, a great rib house and we had an excellent dinner. Wife was tired, it was a kinda stressful day with rain and all, and I was hurting quite a bit because of the running. Something I definitely shouldn't have done. Fortunately, there was no real damage.

We came home and discovered that the internet was out. I'm glad it's up and running again, it's been tough to be without it. It's amazing how we take things for granted.

The weekend was spent at home - it was pretty much raining constantly, except for a few hours Saturday that we used for shopping around the corner.

It's been a great weekend, we've both enjoyed it.

Food choices have been reasonable, though there probably were a little too many snacks. Still, not too bad. I probably ate over my weight loss level but I don't think I ate over my maintenance level.

My weight HAS gone up though, but I think this is the fluids that are out of whack. Also, of course, the large amount of salt on Friday will give me a beating. It's okay.

So, today I am on track. I have kind of considered if I should do a week or two of counting calories, just to keep my head in place. To keep me where I'm supposed to be. I'm gonna give it a little thought.

I want to shed the weight that I have gained, 82 is way too high, especially with 2.6 kgs cut away from me. I'm not happy about this. I do see all the swelling going on, but I want to make sure that this is ALL that is going on, that I am not simply over-eating.

Maybe I should give it a week.

Guess what! The doctor has given me permission to play my bass! As long as I don't play excessively, hour after hour, and as long as I listen to my body and stop when I get tired. I think I can handle that. As a matter of fact I KNOW I can handle that.

I have gotten so many ideas for music these last two weeks, when I could NOT play. So much, that I even spent a couple of hours spread out on the entire weekend to record a track. :) I need to put vocals on it, and if I am happy with the result, I'll let you guys hear. This will be my mission this morning. Mind you, I'm a horrible singer.

Work? The doctor will evaluate that when I go back in two weeks. She wants to make sure that I have no strain when I go, and she keeps reminding me that what I have endured is no small surgery. This is a massive cut, and it's something to not take lightly, and I am following her rules. I hope to go back soon, though. I miss socializing.

Today, the sun is out. I think I will try to go for a walk later on. I think the fresh air will be good for me. That, and trying to lay down a vocal track or two is really all I have going on today. It's quiet, but I kinda like it.

Wife will call when she know what time she's leaving work, and I will join her for a little shopping. It will be another thing to do.

Today, I am thankful for:
- A successful visit at the hospital
- A great weekend, even if the internet died.
- Music!
- Morning coffee.

I hope you guys had a great weekend, and I'll be looking forward to checking up on FatSecret. Thanks again to those of you who were checking up on me. It's awesome to see that the buddy system DOES work. But rest assured that everything is fine.

Happy Monday! Life is good!

181.2 lb Lost so far: 160.5 lb.    Still to go: 0 lb.    Diet followed reasonably well.

Diet Calendar Entries for 02 July 2012:
1486 kcal Fat: 33.73g | Prot: 100.71g | Carb: 194.07g.   Breakfast: french bread, swiss cheese, extra lean ham. Lunch: extra lean ham, Rye Bread, Kebab (beef). Dinner: Chicken Breast (Skin Not Eaten), Bacon, Mixed Vegetables (Solids and Liquids, Canned), Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese. Snacks/Other: Free Laekkerbar, Frozen Strawberries, 2% Fat Milk. more...
2689 kcal Activities & Exercise: Standing - 1 hour, Walking (moderate) - 3/mph - 30 minutes, Sleeping - 8 hours, Sitting - 14 hours and 30 minutes. more...
on diet kingkeld's own diet   gaining 12.9 lb a week


Welcome Back King. I inboxed you too! Thats cool you can play your bass, and pass some time doing something you like. and it is a bit of activity too.  
02 Jul 12 by member: posterchild66
Hey JP, I saw your message. :) I did have a few more listens to Rush, but still not on a proper stereo. The album grows on me slowly, though I am not sure it'll ever be a favorite. The sound remains muddy in my ears, and it bugs me. There are a few good rockers on it, and tons of fun bass playing, you're right about that.  
02 Jul 12 by member: kingkeld
welcome buck. to be honest i haven't noticed you were gone, because i usually don't look on the journals over weekend :) but i'm glad it was just your internet connection. :) 
02 Jul 12 by member: joelae
Hey King, sounds like you had a bit of a hectic day, can't believe that restaurant, not much a business mind to them to be closed over lunch. Take it easy, and don't worry about the weight up, your body is just sorting itself out. :D 
02 Jul 12 by member: KitsuneSilver
Sounds like a great weekend, except for the internet issues! Might have been a good thing, we should all 'unplug' from our technology every now and then - I know I rely on it a LOT! :) Glad you had a good doctor's visit, but sorry you're sore from running in the rain! Once you're all healed up you're going to have to take up running as a hobby.. ;) Have fun playing bass!!! 
02 Jul 12 by member: erika2633
WOW - that sounds like a fantastic doctor visit. Lay low and take it easy. Give yourself the time you deserve. I had a toe surgery last year and it really took 16 weeks to feel better! That was just a toe! You had a major procedure, And play music - it will soothe you! 
02 Jul 12 by member: HCB
So glad to hear everything is alright. When you said you were headed back to the hospital and then "went dark", I got a little paranoid, hehe. Sounds like a great weekend and I am happy for you that you can play again. I always hate it when I catch some kind of respiratory ailment and I can't sing. My advice on the weight considerations would be to give it a week but you know your body better than anyone else so just do what feels right. 
02 Jul 12 by member: Eringiffin
Glad to hear you're well and the hospital visit was good. We take the Internet so much for granted I didn't imagine your silence would be due to something so simple! 
02 Jul 12 by member: Earthlady
Glad the stitches removal went well.... I did notice you hadn't journaled, but put it down to you being busy with the hospital and taking DW out :-) 
02 Jul 12 by member: Sk1nnyfuture


Submit a Comment

You must  sign in to submit a comment

Other Related Links


kingkeld's weight history

Get the app
© 2019 FatSecret. All rights reserved.