fatsecret members overall average rating
A great tasting thai beef salad with a spicy sauce.
- Marinate the eye fillet in the red curry paste and peanut oil and leave in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat pan and brown eye fillet all over, then transfer to moderate oven for 25 minutes (for rare) and then let sit for another 10 minutes. Leave longer in oven for more well done meat.
- In a bowl, combine the iceberg lettuce, cucumber, carrot, snow peas, bean sprouts, shallots and roasted peanuts.
- Make the dressing by combining in a separate bowl the brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, vegetable oil and sweet chilli sauce. Mix well.
- Slice the beef and add to salad and then pour dressing over the top.
31 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
This may be a dumb question but what is fish sauce? Can you substitute it with something else?
10 Aug 07 by member: annapineapples
You can buy fish sauce in asian food store. Buy one that is made in Thailand. (You don't really want to know what it's made from.) It gives authentic thai salty taste, so it CAN be substituted with salt or maybe even soy sauce. (Also, don't smell it... I promise the finished meal with the fish sauce tastes much better than that first whiff you get when you open the bottle.)
31 May 09 by member: laurieeeee
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet