fatsecret members overall average rating
Tapas Baked Tomato Egg Nests
A wonderful way to sneak some veggies into breakfast.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Cut a slice off the tops of the tomatoes and, using a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the pulp and seeds without piercing the shells.
- Turn the tomato shells upside down on paper towels and let drain for 15 minutes. Season the insides of the shells with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes in an oven proof dish just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Carefully break 1 egg into each tomato shell, then top with 1 tablespoon of cream and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are just set. Serve hot.
- Note: shredded asiago or other cheeses work well too.
125 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins