fatsecret members overall average rating
Grilled chicken with wonderful spices.
- Stir together yogurt, onion, and garlic in a shallow glass dish.
- Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate at least 2 hours or over night in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 500 °F (260 °C).
- Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it over a foil covered baking sheet. Place the chicken on the prepared rack. (You can also grill these on a barbecue.)
- Bake (grill) chicken until brown and no trace of pink remains in the center, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Note: this creates a lot of smoke if you do it in the oven so I recommend you grill it outside.
189 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
This was very good but should be cooked on a barbecue. It is very smoky in the oven. Very different taste for chicken and worth the prep time.
23 Feb 08 by member: ranchwoman
it would be better if it;s skimmed yogurt, other than that, it's amazing and yummmmmmmy...........
05 Apr 09 by member: Fattouna82
I found this recipe excellent. I did cook it on the grill outside (not a lot of smoke) but the flavor was outstanding. Needed to change nothing!
01 Jun 10 by member: The Next Number
Yum is all I can say! I cooked this chicken outside on my grill and my family loved it!! The yogurt really makes the meat super tender. This will be a regular meal in my house.
05 Feb 11 by member: mrsriggi
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet