Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Really delicious traditional tabouli using fresh parsley.
- Pour bulgur into a large heat-resistant bowl. Pour boiling water over and mix to moisten thoroughly. Soak for 45 minutes.
- Core tomatoes and dice.
- Put diced tomatoes in bowl and set aside for 45 minutes.
- Line strainer or fine sieve with several layers of paper towels.
- When bulgur has finished soaking, transfer to the prepared sieve and press to drain well. Return to the bowl.
- Drain diced tomatoes. Add drained tomatoes, onion, cucumber, parsley, lemon juice, salt, oil to bulgur, and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
148 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
This recipe has a lot of flavor for very little points. I usually put it in a pita. I sometimes add a little bit of shredded chicken to get some protein in.
21 May 08 by member: Poohtebby
thanks for reminding me of tabouli! I used to make this a lot. I love it with a lot of parsley.
04 May 10 by member: Annba
This is really good and im glad i gave it a try. it tastes very similar to the kind that i buy at my store, which is also very tasty, and i like that it is only 32 calories!
11 Sep 10 by member: colleen5441
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet