fatsecret members overall average rating
Wontons stuffed with spinach.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and trim any tough stems. Drain spinach and pat dry with a paper towel. Coarsely chop the spinach.
- Place a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan or wok gets smoking hot, add the olive oil with the garlic and onions. Stir fry the onion and garlic for 30 seconds, then add the spinach and water chestnuts. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes, allowing the water from the spinach to cook off.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the spinach to cool for 5 minutes.
- To form the wontons, pull one wonton from the package and moisten the edges with water. Place a teaspoon of the spinach mixture in the center of the wonton. Fold the wonton over into a triangle. Now, fold the long corners together and give them a little pinch to hold together.
- Cover the wontons with plastic wrap to prevent the wrappers from drying out.
- There are several ways to cook wontons. You can simmer them in some vegetable or chicken broth for a good soup, steam them or you can deep fry them (calorie count will go up using this method). Serve your cooked wontons with a soy dipping sauce.
- Prepared wontons can be frozen by placing a single layer of them on a cooking sheet. Once frozen, transfer them to a resealable bag and you can enjoy whenever you like.
126 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet