fatsecret members overall average rating
A very filling low calorie soup that gets more spicy the longer it sits.
- Slice green onions, put in a pot and start to sauté with cooking spray.
- Cut green pepper stem ends off and cut in half, take the seeds and membrane out. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.
- Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
- Clean carrots, cut into bite size pieces, and add to pot.
- Slice mushrooms into thick slices, add to pot.
- Add small amount of red or cayenne pepper now (if you like it spicy).
- Use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. These have all the salt and flavors you will need.
- Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the vegetable juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time - two hours works well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
557 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Eat as much as you like! ZERO points and way yummy!
14 Apr 08 by member: memauss
I used three jalapenos instead of the rotel (tomatoes with chilies) and I used crushed cayenne pepper instead of the red pepper flakes. Those were the only subs I made and I loved the soup! I absolutely hate veggies so, I thought I would have to force myself to eat this soup, but I went back for a second bowl. It tastes really good and it doesn't taste like vegetables.
13 Oct 12 by member: amber_shea
Very easy soup to make and very tasty and filling, I actually blended it at the end of cooking will be making again :o))
01 Mar 13 by member: Redhead1975
Love it. My husband HATES mushrooms - so I pureed them with some of the vegetable juice and he LOVED it (and wanted more).
I also used fresh tomatoes rather than those from a can (less sodium) & 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
Will be making this every week and freezing it in 400g portions for lunches.
29 Jun 13 by member: Work6Days
Every thing is great except for sodium-- added no sodium herb ox 8 packets and dry onions-- no salt-- the spicy flavor really helped other than the sodium in the veggie juice it is a keeper
27 Oct 13 by member: lavender211
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Weight Watchers