fatsecret members overall average rating
Easy and delicious cauliflower soup that's full of spices and flavor.
- Dice onion, 2 cloves garlic and one medium to large head of cauliflower.
- Sauté onion and garlic (salt and pepper) in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add cauliflower and chicken broth and bring to a low boil. Cook about 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Use immersion blender or add small amounts at a time to a regular blender (very small amounts or this could blow the top off of the blender) until soup is smooth and creamy. Return to pot.
- Season with a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, a dash or two of cayenne (again to taste).
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of fat free half and half (can use milk or real half and half or even cream if you're not really worried about calorie/fat content). add 1/4 cup or so of good quality parmesan cheese (a nice Gouda or even Swiss would probably work just fine).
- Simmer over low heat - do not boil after adding milk - for 10 or 15 minutes just to heat thoroughly, melt cheese and meld flavors.
- Garnish with additional pepper, chives, sprinkle of cheese or maybe even some chopped bacon.
106 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Excellent! I made this with low sodium fat free chicken broth and fat free half and half and the calorie content was only 85. Husband loved it, will definitely be making this again!
26 May 09 by member: _TinaT_
Yummy and incredibly filling, especially for the calorie content. Also, my boyfriend really liked it and he isn't usually into soup. Could have used some extra seasoning though.
08 Jun 09 by member: carmelly
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Weight Watchers