fatsecret members overall average rating
Salmon with Spinach and Lemon Mash
Looks fantastic and tastes delicious.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. Melt 1oz of the spread in a saucepan, add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in 7 fl oz of the milk.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, until thickened and smooth. Add 1 tbsp of the lemon rind, herbs, seasoning, peppers and egg. Stir well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle and cook the salmon for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to a flameproof dish.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, put under a hot grill until the topping is set and the salmon is just cooked through.
- Lightly cook the spinach according to packet directions.
- Drain and mash the potatoes, then stir in the remaining spread, milk and lemon rind. Serve with the fish and spinach.
27 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Tastes fab and you can make it look proper haute cuisine posh if you stack it up neatly!
25 Jan 08 by member: Lucybell33
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of LA Weight Loss