fatsecret members overall average rating
Roasted Butternut Squash with Tart Cherries
A perfect, simple, pan roasted side dish for a family supper. The sweetness of the squash creates a delicious caramel around the edges – that really sets off the tart cherry and smokiness of the paprika.
- Peel the winter squash and cut in 1-inch squares. And cut the dried cherries in half.
- Pre-heat the oven for 375° F (190° C).
- Toss the squash with the olive oil, salt, smoked paprika, a few grinds of black pepper and turn out onto a baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes, add the cherry pieces and toss to combine; continue to roast another 20 to 25 minutes until the edges of the squash are brown and caramelized.
64 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Weight Watchers