fatsecret members overall average rating
Healthy vegetarian lentil soup that's the perfect winter warmer.
- Chop onion, tomato and carrot. You don't have to cut them up too small because in the end you will use a blender.
- Sauté onions in olive oil or cooking spray until transparent.
- Add carrots, sauté for a minute or so, add tomatoes, sauté for a couple of minutes more.
- Add lentils.
- Add water. Boil. Add a little salt, or you can skip the salt. Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (optional).
- When the carrots are soft (boil about 15-20 minutes), pour everything in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour contents back into the pot, if the soup is too thick you can add some more water, but it shouldn't be too watery either. Boil for a another minute.
- Serve with or without a dash of fresh lemon juice.
351 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet