Breads & Baked Products
fatsecret members overall average rating
Gluten free healthy crackers.
- Soak flax seeds in water, enough to cover, for 15 minutes.
- Grind quinoa to flour and mix with soaked flax seeds.
- Add olive oil, salt and baking powder (extra water may be needed to make a spreadable mixture).
- Spread onto a greased 9 x 11 cookie sheet filling the whole pan.
- Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) until edges brown, about 15 minutes.
- Score into 20 pieces (5x4), flip and bake 5 more minutes.
109 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I think they taste pretty good for what they are. Even my health food-hating husband said he liked them for what they are and was impressed. I plan to eat them with seasoned tuna.
29 Apr 12 by member: pinkzx14
I'm rating this untried ecause it looks good, but I always heard that you have to rince quinoa seeds before you use them. Did you rince them and then let them dry first or make this without rincing. If you didn't rince them first, weren't the crackers bitter?
06 Jul 12 by member: Fuzzylambsears
I added two packets of stevia sweetner to this recipe and next time I would add half the salt. I also used himalayan salt instead because I like the fact that it has alkalizing benefits
12 Feb 14 by member: coventrie
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet