fatsecret members overall average rating
Poached Eggs with Vinegar
Poaching is a wonderful way to prepare eggs,and poached eggs form the basis of many classic dishes, such as Eggs Benedict. Vinegar helps the egg whites hold their shape.
- Bring to a boil enough water to inch up the side of a large, deep skillet.
- Add the vinegar and salt, and bring to a bare simmer.
- Break the eggs, one at a time, into saucer or small bowl and slip them into the water.
- Poach the eggs over low heat until the whites are firm, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Serve immediately with or without Hollandaise sauce.
68 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet