fatsecret members overall average rating
Pepper Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Lean tenderloin beef is a delicious protein choice and an ideal way to enjoy red meat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Immerse the onions in the boiling water for about 2 minutes, then shock them with cold water. Cut off the root tip of each onion and squeeze onion out of the skin.
- Heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Rub the beef with olive oil. Combine the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and orange zest and pat the mixture onto the beef.
- Increase the heat under the skillet to high and sear the beef on all sides. Add the pearl onions and place the skillet directly in the oven.
- Roast until a thermometer reads 145° F (60° C) for medium-rare.
280 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Flush Plan