fatsecret members overall average rating
Pasta with Winter Squash and Pine Nuts
Pasta in a soft squash sauce seasoned with pine nuts, sage and parmesan cheese.
- Shred squash. Melt butter in a large skillet, add pine nuts, cook until lightly brown, remove and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan, sauté garlic for 30 seconds over medium-high heat.
- Add squash and 1 cup of water. Cook until water is absorbed. Add the rest of the water, 1/2 cup at a time stirring occasionally until absorbed each time.
- Stir in sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Combine pasta, squash mixture in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water, and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Toss well. Serve sprinkled with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Note: based on recipe from Cooking Light.
9 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dukan Diet