fatsecret members overall average rating
Mushroom and Spinach Frittata
Sensational frittata for breakfast or brunch that's sure to keep you feeling full.
- In a skillet add olive oil and heat on medium.
- Chop one cup each of fresh mushrooms and baby spinach.
- Sauté mushrooms in skillet for 3 minutes and then add in the spinach and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove spinach and mushrooms from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- In mixing bowl add 5 whole eggs and 3 egg whites, one table spoon of water and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then mix in spinach and mushrooms and swiss cheese.
- Turn oven on to 400 °F (200 °C). Wipe out skillet and spay with cooking spray like Pam - pour in egg mixture and cook on medium. When sides start looking brown put on lid. Cook for 5 minutes on stove top.
- When eggs are slightly firm put skillet in oven without lid. Cook another 3 minutes or until firm and top is slight brown.
- Cool slightly and then slide out of pan and cut into 6 slices.
326 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet