fatsecret members overall average rating
A terrific main dish of baked herbed chicken.
- If available, use 100% organic boneless and skinless free range chicken, preferably breast meat.
- After chicken has been washed, season the chicken (both sides) with sea salt and black pepper to your tasting.
- Add your favorite poultry seasoning(be sure to read the label to check for additional salt) to the chicken.
- Get a Ziploc bag. Place the chicken into the bag first. Then add 1/4 cup olive oil. If you used fresh poultry herbs, put them in the bag. If you used normal poultry seasoning (no additional action is necessary).
- Let chicken marinate in the bag for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 °F (175 °C) until oven is warm. Place contents in a pyrex glass or ceramic dish (including the olive oil) and Bake it at 350 °F for at least 45 minutes to an hour to ensure the chicken is done.
- Remove it from oven let it cool and enjoy.
- Note: this dish mixes very well with steamed green beans or on top of romaine lettuce and gives it a good flavorful taste.
499 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins