Breads & Baked Products
fatsecret members overall average rating
Lemon-Lime Meringue Sandwich Cookies
Lemon lime filling sandwiched between two meringue cookies. You will never miss the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together lemon pudding, condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups warm water and lime juice. Put in fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl add remaining warm water and powdered egg whites, break up lightly with a fork and let sit 2 minutes.
- Mix with beaters on medium speed until egg white powder is dissolved. Add vanilla extract and cream of tartar.
- At high speed add powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Use pastry bag or spoon meringue about 2-2 1/2" size cookies onto baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Sandwich 1 tablespoon of filling between 2 cookies.
- Note: can be made ahead of time by keeping filling and meringue cookies separate until ready to eat.
38 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
review this recipe
Sign in to review this recipe
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The GI diet