fatsecret members overall average rating
Instant Cream of Tomato Soup
I know this sounds weird, but it is delicious.
- Combine the pasta sauce, stock (both reduced fat if available) and tofu in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Use an emersion blender to blend until smooth. Add diced tomatoes. Garnish with basil.
- You can also blend before heating in a blender or food processor, and heat in the microwave.
- Note: recipe from Jeanne Jones' Healthy Cooking. If you don't like chunky tomato soup, leave out the diced tomatoes.
62 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
A bit over a cup per serving. For four servings, over 1 1/2 cups per serving, and 2 points. If you don't like chunky tomato soup, leave out the diced tomatoes, and 4 servings are 1 point each. Jeanne Jones' Healthy Cooking
17 Aug 07 by member: angelathomas
Hmm, this sounds interesting. Hubby really loves tomato soup, and I love tofu. Will definitely try!
18 Aug 07 by member: YShibata
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet