fatsecret members overall average rating
Even people who don't like spinach will like this recipe.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Sauté garlic until it starts to get a little bit golden. Stir in cream and nutmeg.
- Add spinach (do not drain spinach). Cook on medium heat about 5-8 minutes until spinach becomes tender.
- Stir in both cheeses, turn down heat to medium-low and continue stirring while cooking another 2-5 minutes making sure ricotta is well melted.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- This recipe can be made up to 2 days ahead and tastes great even reheated.
- Note: for low fat diets, use fat free half and half and only 1 tsp butter as substitutions.
146 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I love spinach ... so I'll be trying this one!
07 Mar 08 by member: lorik
excellent this is soo0o0o yummmmmmyyy!!
01 Apr 09 by member: munecagirl22
This recipe sounds delicious....although, I have to say, for a weight loss site this isn't anything I would cook. Not sure why someone would post a recipe like this. I know, I know, if I don't like it I don't have to make it. How many people would actually have JUST one serving.
12 Sep 12 by member: Lesleag
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins