fatsecret members overall average rating
Grilled Vietnamese Chicken
So easy grilled Vietnamese style chicken, sure to become a favorite.
- Heat the grill.
- Place all the ingredients (except the chicken) in a shallow glass baking dish and stir them together.
- Make a few shallow slits across the chicken breast, going a little deeper in the thick end.
- Make a few shallow slits longways, resulting in a slight diamond pattern in the meat.
- Place the chicken in the marinade, making sure some gets into the slits.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for about 10-15 minutes to pick up the flavor. (Usually marinate them for a couple hours).
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes (until no longer pink), turning once during cooking.
431 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
i didnt really like this recipe. it wasnt awful, but i wont be making it again. who knows maybe i didnt do it right, but the only thing i could taste was the molasses and the pepper. uninspiring. on the other hand i LOVED how tender the chicken came out when sliced like this, it absorbed the marinade so fast and i ended up cooking it in the same pan that i marinated it in since the marinade was shallow in the dish. i will be trying this technique with other recipes to see how it turns out :)
24 May 12 by member: erikaann
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet