fatsecret members overall average rating
Grilled or baked Catfish with a great lemony taste.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, onion powder, dried basil, garlic salt, dried thyme, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and black pepper into a large ziploc bag.
- One by one place each fillet into the ziploc bag and shake to coat fillet in spices.
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat
- Place fillets in frying pan and cook covered for about 6 minutes on each side, adding lemon juice as needed.
- Note: you can also add lemon herb or lemon pepper for that extra lemon taste, just sprinkle a little on each fillet before placing in frying pan.
60 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Delish, could use some more spice next time. Pan fried in EVOO instead of butter. Great family hit. We usually deep fry our catfish, these was a much healthier choice.
03 May 11 by member: Oryana
I broiled it instead of pan fry and it was great! Nice and crispy--can't believe its 'diet' food!
29 Sep 12 by member: CAMB1104
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dukan Diet