fatsecret members overall average rating
Yummy, healthy and low in points so you can eat as much as you want.
- Cut the top and bottom off the eggplant and discard.
- Turn on grill pan or BBQ on medium-high.
- Cut the eggplant into rounds - about 1/4- 1/2" thick.
- Brush a small amount of extra virgin olive oil on the eggplant such as Meyer's lemon olive oil, but anything will work.
- Sprinkle on some salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- When grill pan is hot, put eggplant rounds on it until you get good grill marks - about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip eggplant and grill for another 2-4 minutes.
- Take them off and enjoy them as is, or with goats cheese, or in a salad!
103 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
A great way to cook eggplant. I added balsamic vinegar and italian spices to the marinade and it was delish. I do wish I had peeled it, though. The skins were a bit unpalatable.
02 Apr 09 by member: Jendypendy
I made this for lunch today and it was excellent! I too added balsamic vinegar & italian spices. It was a bit salty (I used a tbsp instead of the tsp that I meant to grab) but still tasted wonderful. I don't mind the skin, but then I like my eggplant cooked long so the skin was soft. I had the eggplant with brown rice and corn on the cob. Great meal!
10 Mar 10 by member: Notorious_PYT
Quick and easy way to make tasty eggplant, use salt sparingly and try it with a little pinch of graded Parmesan cheese, it's good!
02 Oct 11 by member: MamaBecky
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet